Quantcast

[sonar-dev] Powder Alert plugin

Laurent Zilber
Dear all,

I missed the april 1st date, but the Sonar "powder alert" plugin is available
https://github.com/lzilber/sonar-powder-plugin#readme

Disclaimer of liability : This plugin is provided as-is. All responsibility or liability for any damages caused while skiing or coding is disclaimed. This plugin has not been endorsed or approved by the sonar community, the sonarsource company or anyone with a decent understanding of Java.

Best regards,
Laurent.

Re: [sonar-dev] Powder Alert plugin

Ann Campbell
Nice June-Fools!

Your next iteration can check to see if the surf's up in summer. :-)

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Laurent Zilber <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,

I missed the april 1st date, but the Sonar "powder alert" plugin is available
https://github.com/lzilber/sonar-powder-plugin#readme

Disclaimer of liability : This plugin is provided as-is. All responsibility or liability for any damages caused while skiing or coding is disclaimed. This plugin has not been endorsed or approved by the sonar community, the sonarsource company or anyone with a decent understanding of Java.

Best regards,
Laurent.

Re: [sonar-dev] Powder Alert plugin

Dinesh Bolkensteyn-2
Too bad that I didn't manage to compile the project, firstly because of native2ascii (i guess that can be removed?) and secondly because some unit tests failures:

Tests in error:
  initializationError(org.zebre.sonar.webservice.RESTWebServiceTest)
  testProcess(org.zebre.sonar.batch.NOAAWeatherPostJobTest)
Test set: org.zebre.sonar.batch.NOAAWeatherPostJobTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.085 sec <<< FAILURE!
testProcess(org.zebre.sonar.batch.NOAAWeatherPostJobTest)  Time elapsed: 0.08 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can not iterate children: cursor does not point to a start element (state CLOSED)
 at org.codehaus.staxmate.in.SMInputCursor.childCursor(SMInputCursor.java:1659)
 at org.codehaus.staxmate.in.SMInputCursor.childElementCursor(SMInputCursor.java:1781)
 at org.zebre.sonar.noaa.query.NOAAWeatherForecastUnmarshaller.toObject(NOAAWeatherForecastUnmarshaller.java:41)
 at org.zebre.sonar.noaa.query.NOAAWeatherForecastUnmarshaller.toObject(NOAAWeatherForecastUnmarshaller.java:22)
 at org.zebre.sonar.webservice.RESTWebService.unmarshall(RESTWebService.java:68)
 at org.zebre.sonar.webservice.RESTWebService.execute(RESTWebService.java:46)
 at org.zebre.sonar.batch.RESTServicePostJob.executeOn(RESTServicePostJob.java:24)
 at org.zebre.sonar.batch.NOAAWeatherPostJobTest.testProcess(NOAAWeatherPostJobTest.java:37)

Test set: org.zebre.sonar.webservice.RESTWebServiceTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.005 sec <<< FAILURE!
initializationError(org.zebre.sonar.webservice.RESTWebServiceTest)  Time elapsed: 0 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.Exception: No runnable methods
 at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.validateInstanceMethods(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:157)
 at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.collectInitializationErrors(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:102)
 at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.validate(ParentRunner.java:336)

--
Dinesh Bolkensteyn
www.SonarSource.com

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Ann Campbell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nice June-Fools!

Your next iteration can check to see if the surf's up in summer. :-)

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Laurent Zilber <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,

I missed the april 1st date, but the Sonar "powder alert" plugin is available
https://github.com/lzilber/sonar-powder-plugin#readme

Disclaimer of liability : This plugin is provided as-is. All responsibility or liability for any damages caused while skiing or coding is disclaimed. This plugin has not been endorsed or approved by the sonar community, the sonarsource company or anyone with a decent understanding of Java.

Best regards,
Laurent.

Re: [sonar-dev] Powder Alert plugin

Laurent Zilber
Hmmm I just tested with a fresh git clone on a "clean" environment and =
the tests passed.
Since both my dev env (ubuntu) and the clean one (mac os X) have maven =
3.0.3, I'll try with maven 2.
I assume you're still using maven 2 from your recent pitest plugin =
testing.

The native2ascii plugin in the pom comes from the sonar-reference-plugin =
example that I used, as I was playing with localization. I guess it =
matters only to avoid garbled accents in the french property =
descriptions.

Regarding you unit tests failures, the first error looks like a bad =
handling of some unexpected result on my side so I can certainly =
reproduce it with better junit tests, the second is a junit issue where =
I defined a parent class with no tests. In both case I definitely must =
improve my unit tests.

Thanks for reporting this, I'll investigate.
I guess the surf report will have to wait :-)

Laurent.

Le 8 juin 2012 à 12:51, Dinesh Bolkensteyn a écrit :

[...]

[sonar-dev] Sonar - Error Message - RuleRepository

Nalini Mathusoothanan (UST, IND)

HI,

I got the below error message while using org.sonar.api.rules.RuleRepository. Actually I am implementing plugin for cBasic language. While inheriting the class RuleReposity I am getting this error while running the sonar server. No issues with compilation.

cBasicRuleRepository

import java.util.ArrayList;

import java.util.List;

import org.sonar.api.BatchExtension;

import org.sonar.api.rules.Rule;

import org.sonar.api.rules.RuleParam;

import org.sonar.api.rules.RuleRepository;

import com.ust.sonar.cBasic.rules.cBasicRuleManager;

public class cBasicRuleRepository extends RuleRepository implements BatchExtension {

private cBasicRuleManager cBasicRulesManager;

  public static final String REPOSITORY_NAME = "cBasic";

  public static final String REPOSITORY_KEY = "cBasic";

  protected cBasicRuleRepository(String key, String language) {

              super(key, language);

              // TODO Auto-generated constructor stub

       }

  @Override

  public List<Rule> createRules() {

  }

}

Error log.

wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console

wrapper  | Launching a JVM...

jvm 1    | Wrapper (Version 3.2.3) http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org

jvm 1    |   Copyright 1999-2006 Tanuki Software, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

jvm 1    |

jvm 1    | 2012-06-11 08:37:28.989:INFO::Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog

jvm 1    | 2012-06-11 08:37:29.020:INFO::jetty-6.1.25

jvm 1    | 2012-06-11 08:37:29.160:INFO::NO JSP Support for /, did not find org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet

jvm 1    | 2012-06-11 08:37:47.825:WARN::Failed startup of context org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@bcfa38{/,file:/D:/Softwares/sonar-3.0/sonar-3.0/war/sonar-server}

jvm 1    | org.picocontainer.PicoCompositionException: Either the specified parameters do not match any of the following constructors: [protected com.ust.sonar.

cBasic.rules.cBasicRuleRepository(java.lang.String,java.lang.String)]; OR the constructors were not accessible for 'com.ust.sonar.cBasic.rules.cBasicRuleRepository'

jvm 1    |      at org.picocontainer.injectors.ConstructorInjector.getGreediestSatisfiableConstructor(ConstructorInjector.java:206)

jvm 1    |      at org.picocontainer.injectors.ConstructorInjector.getGreediestSatisfiableConstructor(ConstructorInjector.java:112)

jvm 1    |      at org.picocontainer.injectors.ConstructorInjector.access$100(ConstructorInjector.java:52)

jvm 1    |      at org.picocontainer.injectors.ConstructorInjector$1.run(ConstructorInjector.java:337)

jvm 1    |      at org.picocontainer.injectors.AbstractInjector$ThreadLocalCyclcDependencyGuard.observe(AbstractInjector.java:272)

jvm 1    |      at org.picocontainer.injectors.ConstructorInjector.getComponentInstance(ConstructorInjector.java:370)

jvm 1    |      at org.picocontainer.injectors.AbstractInjectionFactory$LifecycleAdapter.getComponentInstance(AbstractInjectionFactory.java:56)

jvm 1    |      at org.picocontainer.behaviors.AbstractBehavior.getComponentInstance(AbstractBehavior.java:64)

jvm 1    |      at org.picocontainer.behaviors.Stored.getComponentInstance(Stored.java:91)

jvm 1    |      at org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.getInstance(DefaultPicoContainer.java:692)

jvm 1    |      at org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.getComponent(DefaultPicoContainer.java:646)

jvm 1    |      at org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.getComponent(DefaultPicoContainer.java:621)

jvm 1    |      at org.picocontainer.containers.ImmutablePicoContainer.getComponent(ImmutablePicoContainer.java:40)

Could you please help me to resolve this issue?

Please let me know if you require more details.

Regards,

Nalini

Re: [sonar-dev] Sonar - Error Message - RuleRepository

You should replace protected cBasicRuleRepository(String key, String language) {
by :
public cBasicRuleRepository() {
  super("<repository key>", "language key");
}

Regards
Simon

On 11 June 2012 05:17, Nalini Mathusoothanan (UST, IND) <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Sure.

Thank you Simon.

Regards,

Nalini

Re: [sonar-dev] Powder Alert plugin

Dinesh Bolkensteyn-2
Cool I'm allowed to go... fishing! (I only installed the widget on the test project, not the real one of course! :-p)

--
Dinesh Bolkensteyn