Quantcast

[sonar-dev] Re: [sonar-user] Single Sign On with external authentication mechanism

[sonar-dev] Re: [sonar-user] Single Sign On with external authentication mechanism

Simon Brandhof
Hi Michael,

I switched to the dev ML.

My Plan was to get the UserDetail from a service by searching wih the username and set this detail in the Security Context from Sonar. Is this possible?

Yes it should be possible. Indeed SSO plugins are responsibles for user authentication but not for authorization. That means that they "just" have to return UserDetail objects when users are successfully authenticated. Then there are two possible configurations :
  • if sonar.authenticator.createUsers is false, then authenticated users must already be registered into sonar database.
  • if sonar.authenticator.createUsers is true, then users are registered on the fly with the name and email contained in UserDetail. They are automatically added to the group "sonar-users", if it exists.

[sonar-dev] RE: [sonar-user] Single Sign On with external authentication mechanism

Michael Schaaf
Hello Simon,

oh dear. A lot of traffic on the mailing lists. I've been on holiday and had problems to find the mail.
I will have a look on the source code the next days and will ask again on problems.

Regards
Michael

Am 13.08.2012 um 17:03 schrieb Simon Brandhof <[hidden email]>:

Hi Michael,

I switched to the dev ML.

My Plan was to get the UserDetail from a service by searching wih the username and set this detail in the Security Context from Sonar. Is this possible?

Yes it should be possible. Indeed SSO plugins are responsibles for user authentication but not for authorization. That means that they "just" have to return UserDetail objects when users are successfully authenticated. Then there are two possible configurations :
  • if sonar.authenticator.createUsers is false, then authenticated users must already be registered into sonar database.
  • if sonar.authenticator.createUsers is true, then users are registered on the fly with the name and email contained in UserDetail. They are automatically added to the group "sonar-users", if it exists.

Re: [sonar-dev] RE: [sonar-user] Single Sign On with external authentication mechanism

surendar suren
Hello simon

           I don"t know is this a right place to ask this question or not .
    what i want to do are
  1. backup a particular quality profile from sonar using REST CLIENT (completed).
 2. Restore the backup quality profile via REST CLIENT ( found to be confusing )

Here is  the URL which is used to restore .
  http://localhost:9000/api/profiles/restore?backup=<sonarprofile/>&language=java&name=sonarprofile
 * profile name is sonarprofile*
*language java*  *error showed is {"errors":["The mandatory node <name> is missing.","The mandatory node <language> is missing."],"warnings":[],"infos":[]}  *
 am new to this way of calling restore process just help me out which exact URL to restore the quality profile which i mentioned .
       or just direct me to exact team who can solve this.
         Thanks In advance......