Quantcast

[sonar-dev] Separated widgets about Documentation and Duplications

[sonar-dev] Separated widgets about Documentation and Duplications

Patroklos Papapetrou
Hi sonar devs

In a previous post http://sonar.15.n6.nabble.com/Why-are-Comments-and-Duplication-displayed-in-the-same-widget-td4675084.html we've discussed about the fact that Comments and Duplications Widget should be splitted in two different widgets.
The following jira issues were also created for that reason
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-3380

Since I don't see any progress on them :) ( I know it's not the most important thing you have to do ) I created two widgets that display only the relevant metrics.
I have a couple of questions/comments though :
- If I am not wrong, the commented_out_code_lines metric is calculated during Sonar analysis but it's not stored in the database, so I can't display its value in the widget. Right?
- Do you believe that is a good idea to create a plugin for those. If there other Sonar users that need them before the above issues are resolved? Alternatively I could add them in Widget Lab Plugin. What do you think?

Re: [sonar-dev] Separated widgets about Documentation and Duplications

Hi Patroklos,

Since I don't see any progress on them :) ( I know it's not the most important thing you have to do ) I created two widgets that display only the relevant metrics.
I have a couple of questions/comments though :
- If I am not wrong, the commented_out_code_lines metric is calculated during Sonar analysis but it's not stored in the database, so I can't display its value in the widget. Right?

In fact, we don't even compute this deprecated metric internally. Detection of commented out code has become a rule. So, let's say YES

- Do you believe that is a good idea to create a plugin for those. If there other Sonar users that need them before the above issues are resolved? Alternatively I could add them in Widget Lab Plugin. What do you think?

+1 to add them to the Widget Lab Plugin.

Cheers,

Re: [sonar-dev] Separated widgets about Documentation and Duplications

Patroklos Papapetrou
Ok guys

Within the day I wll launch a vote :)

Hi Patroklos,