Quantcast

[sonar-dev] [VOTE] Motion Chart Plugin 1.4

[sonar-dev] [VOTE] Motion Chart Plugin 1.4

Fabrice Bellingard-4
Hi all,

I'd like to launch the vote for the Motion Chart Plugin 1.4.

With this new version, the Motion Chart is no more a dedicated page, but is now available as widgets: one that displays results based on a specified filter, and the other one that simply displays the elements of a given resource (standard "project" widget). This new version comes with a couple of improvements too.

Here are all the details you'll need to help us test this upcoming release:

The vote is open for 72 hours.
Thanks in advance to all of you for your tests!

Re: [sonar-dev] [VOTE] Motion Chart Plugin 1.4

David Racodon-2
Hi Fabrice,

Great job! You get my +1.

Two suggestions of improvement for next versions:
  • When changing the Period, the widget is resized and all the other widgets are moving up. It hurts my poor eyes :-). Would it be possible to avoid that resizing?
Inline images 2

  • Would it be possible to improve the sort of the projects in the "Select" box because it is case sensitive?
    Inline images 3
Tell me if you want me to create the JIRA tickets.

Thank you

On 26 July 2012 16:13, Fabrice Bellingard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to launch the vote for the Motion Chart Plugin 1.4.

With this new version, the Motion Chart is no more a dedicated page, but is now available as widgets: one that displays results based on a specified filter, and the other one that simply displays the elements of a given resource (standard "project" widget). This new version comes with a couple of improvements too.

Here are all the details you'll need to help us test this upcoming release:

The vote is open for 72 hours.
Thanks in advance to all of you for your tests!

Re: [sonar-dev] [VOTE] Motion Chart Plugin 1.4

Simon Brandhof
Hi Fabrice,

If a dashboard contains multiple motion charts, then only the first one is correctly displayed (see screenshot). I tested with Firefox 13, Chrome 20 and Safari.
Is it a known limitation ?

Moreover there's always the following javascript error, even with only a single widget :
j.call is not a function

Regards,
Simon

On 26 July 2012 18:06, David Racodon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Simon BRANDHOF | SonarSource

Re: [sonar-dev] [VOTE] Motion Chart Plugin 1.4

Freddy Mallet
Indeed Simon, I encountered this limitation this afternoon and I created ticket http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONARPLUGINS-2094

Don't know if the issue relates to the Google Motion Chart component or is on our side.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 7:18 PM, Simon Brandhof <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jorge Costa
Hi,

Am having a filter motion chart which holds projects and several metrics like coverage, tests and so on. When using this filter and cant get any replay history. In the previous version, this functionality for project level was working.

See attached pictures.

JC
Previous:

Now:

Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: [sonar-dev] [VOTE] Motion Chart Plugin 1.4

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 6:06 PM, David Racodon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Fabrice,

Hi David

Great job! You get my +1.

Two suggestions of improvement for next versions:
  • When changing the Period, the widget is resized and all the other widgets are moving up. It hurts my poor eyes :-). Would it be possible to avoid that resizing?
I guess you're talking about the height of the widget (as the width should not change).
Indeed, there must be something we can do about it.

  • Would it be possible to improve the sort of the projects in the "Select" box because it is case sensitive?
I guess this can be possible.

Tell me if you want me to create the JIRA tickets.

Yes David, feel free to create those tickets, thanks!

[...]

Yes, I'm aware of this. This error already happens on the current version of the Motion Chart (you can see it on Nemo).
IIRC, I found that this error comes form the Prototype JS lib, and I could not find an easy way to fix it so as it does not prevent the motion chart from working properly, I decided to not spend too much time on it for now.
I'll create a ticket about it - just as a reminder when we have some time to spend (loose?) on it.

[...]

can you try setting - on the widget - the same metrics as the one you had on the page? (x=Rules Compliance, y=Coverage, color=Complexity/method, size=Complexity) Or even try to set other metrics?
Just to see if there's no problem with one of the default metrics on your side.

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 8:44 AM, jmecosta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Am having a filter motion chart which holds projects and several metrics
like coverage, tests and so on. When using this filter and cant get any
replay history. In the previous version, this functionality for project
level was working.

See attached pictures.

JC
Previous:
http://sonar.15.n6.nabble.com/file/n5001391/Sonar-chart-1.3.png
Now:
http://sonar.15.n6.nabble.com/file/n5001391/Sonar-chart-1.4.png

Re: [sonar-dev] [VOTE] Motion Chart Plugin 1.4

Jorge Costa
Tried and it did not work, also with other metrics.

By the way the figure of the working thing is also from today
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: [sonar-dev] [VOTE] Motion Chart Plugin 1.4

Fabrice Bellingard-4
Thanks for your test, I spotted the bug. I will fix it and push a new snapshot ASAP.

Thanks again!

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 12:01 PM, jmecosta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tried and it did not work, also with other metrics.

http://sonar.15.n6.nabble.com/file/n5001405/Sonar-chart-1.4-new.png

By the way the figure of the working thing is also from today

Re: [sonar-dev] Re: [VOTE] Motion Chart Plugin 1.4

Jorge Costa
Confirmed and working. One small thing tough, the title of chart setup in properties does not show up in the chart. Is this expected:

Really nice this improvement :)

Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: [sonar-dev] Re: [VOTE] Motion Chart Plugin 1.4

Fabrice Bellingard-4
On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM, jmecosta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Confirmed and working.

Great :-)

One small thing tough, the title of chart setup in
properties does not show up in the chart. Is this expected:

You mean you don't see the customized title like in this example: https://img.skitch.com/20120727-eb9cf3acf5fgssnir57d12bagn.jpg ?

Really nice this improvement :)
http://sonar.15.n6.nabble.com/file/n5001408/Sonar-chart-1.4-new-2.png

Re: [sonar-dev] Re: [VOTE] Motion Chart Plugin 1.4

Jorge Costa
yep,

Tried switching of the differential but seems to be the same.
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: [sonar-dev] Re: [VOTE] Motion Chart Plugin 1.4

David Racodon-2
Hi Jorge,

This functionality depends on http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-3628 that is implemented in Sonar 3.2.
So, you just need to wait a little bit or give it a try with the 3.2 release candidate.

On 27 July 2012 13:53, jmecosta <[hidden email]> wrote:
yep,

Tried switching of the differential but seems to be the same.

Re: [sonar-dev] Re: [VOTE] Motion Chart Plugin 1.4

Jorge Costa
Ok great than...

here is my vote

+1
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: [sonar-dev] Re: [VOTE] Motion Chart Plugin 1.4

Simon Brandhof
Thanks to all of you for the tests. The vote has passed. We will continue with the release.

On 28 July 2012 06:53, jmecosta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok great than...

here is my vote

+1

Simon BRANDHOF | SonarSource