Quantcast

[sonar-dev] [VOTE] Sonar OpenID Plugin 1.0

[sonar-dev] [VOTE] Sonar OpenID Plugin 1.0

I'd like to release the first version of the OpenID plugin. It enables user authentication and Single Sign-On via an OpenID provider.

Re: [sonar-dev] [VOTE] Sonar OpenID Plugin 1.0

Evgeny Mandrikov
Hi Simon,

I was unable to build sonar-openid, because openid4java depends on com.google.code.guice:guice:2.0 , which I didn't found in central repository.
Despite this fact plugin works well.
BTW maybe key for realm should be "OpenID" instad of "openid" ?

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Simon Brandhof <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to release the first version of the OpenID plugin. It enables user authentication and Single Sign-On via an OpenID provider.

Re: [sonar-dev] [VOTE] Sonar OpenID Plugin 1.0

I was unable to build sonar-openid, because openid4java depends on com.google.code.guice:guice:2.0 , which I didn't found in central repository.
Despite this fact plugin works well.

It's correctly downloaded in cloudbees but I don't understand where the google repository is declared :

Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/google/code/guice/guice/2.0/guice-2.0.jar
Downloading: http://guice-maven.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/com/google/code/guice/guice/2.0/guice-2.0.jar
Downloaded: http://guice-maven.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/com/google/code/guice/guice/2.0/guice-2.0.jar (668 KB at 400.7 KB/sec)

BTW maybe key for realm should be "OpenID" instad of "openid" ?

The only constraint documented in API is the uniqueness. So what's the convention ? LDAP realm is upcase ("LDAP").

Re: [sonar-dev] [VOTE] Sonar OpenID Plugin 1.0

Evgeny Mandrikov
Repository declared in org.openid4java:openid4java-nodeps:0.9.6. Suggestion is following : exclude guece artifact from openid4java-nodeps and explicitely declare correct one, which can be downloaded from Maven Central.

About key - my opinion is that it should be names as in the world : LDAP - all uppercase ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LDAP ), OpenID - first uppercase and two last ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenID ).

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Simon Brandhof <[hidden email]> wrote:

I was unable to build sonar-openid, because openid4java depends on com.google.code.guice:guice:2.0 , which I didn't found in central repository.
Despite this fact plugin works well.

It's correctly downloaded in cloudbees but I don't understand where the google repository is declared :

Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/google/code/guice/guice/2.0/guice-2.0.jar
Downloading: http://guice-maven.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/com/google/code/guice/guice/2.0/guice-2.0.jar
Downloaded: http://guice-maven.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/com/google/code/guice/guice/2.0/guice-2.0.jar (668 KB at 400.7 KB/sec)

BTW maybe key for realm should be "OpenID" instad of "openid" ?

The only constraint documented in API is the uniqueness. So what's the convention ? LDAP realm is upcase ("LDAP").

Re: [sonar-dev] [VOTE] Sonar OpenID Plugin 1.0

Simon Brandhof

Repository declared in org.openid4java:openid4java-nodeps:0.9.6. Suggestion is following : exclude guece artifact from openid4java-nodeps and explicitely declare correct one, which can be downloaded from Maven Central.

About key - my opinion is that it should be names as in the world : LDAP - all uppercase ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LDAP ), OpenID - first uppercase and two last ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenID ).

This is the value in config file, so to prevent from end-user typos, I'd prefer using up or down case only. "OPENID" is ok for me, like for java constants.
My 2 cents

Re: [sonar-dev] [VOTE] Sonar OpenID Plugin 1.0

+1 Simon, works very well!

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Simon Brandhof <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to release the first version of the OpenID plugin. It enables user authentication and Single Sign-On via an OpenID provider.

Re: [sonar-dev] [VOTE] Sonar OpenID Plugin 1.0

Dinesh Bolkensteyn-2
+1 Well done this plugin is really amazing!

--
Dinesh Bolkensteyn
www.SonarSource.com

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Evgeny Mandrikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Sonar guys for this grouped vote. As discussed I will pay you later :D
I continue with the release.

Note that there are some limitations that will be fixed in next release, including :
  • support of SSL endpoints
  • support of logout...

On 29 June 2012 11:55, David Racodon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Patroklos Papapetrou
Woaoh!!
What a coordinated voting!!!! Tell us the secret Simon for getting mass voting!!! ;-)
Partoklos

2012/6/29 Simon Brandhof <[hidden email]>
[...]

You wanted to make a most voted release ? :)

P.S. I guess that I will not receive payment, since I'm not in same office and really did a test. Pity :(

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Papapetrou P.Patroklos <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

ehartmann
Administrator
... and offering some beers ? ;-)

Eric