Quantcast

[sonar-dev] [VOTE] Sonar Toxicity Chart Plugin 0.1

[sonar-dev] [VOTE] Sonar Toxicity Chart Plugin 0.1

Cezar Coca
Hi Sonar devs,

I would like to call for a vote on 0.1 release of the Sonar Toxicity Chart Plugin.

The aim of this plugin is to provide an implementation of Toxicity Chart visualization technique presented by Erik Dörnenburg on his blog. Toxicity Charts stack multiple static analysis metrics for classes, methods, or components within an application, providing a combined “toxicity” score for each area of the code base. This can be extremely useful in helping managers and non-developers understand the internal quality of the code. Also I have found this visualization technique very useful especially on refactoring projects.

Please find below the results for the following projects:

Download (SNAPSHOT):
http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/sonar-plugins/toxicity-chart/sonar-toxicity-chart-plugin/0.1-SNAPSHOT/sonar-toxicity-chart-plugin-0.1-20121026.084258-1.jar

Documentation:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Toxicity+Chart+Plugin

Nemo analysis results:
http://nemo.sonarsource.org/dashboard/index/430621

Sources:
https://svn.codehaus.org/sonar-plugins/trunk/toxicity-chart/

Vote is open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Best regards,
Cezar C

[sonar-dev] Fwd: [VOTE] Sonar Toxicity Chart Plugin 0.1

Cezar Coca
Hi Sonar devs,

Has anyone had the time to look at this plugin? I need 3 positive votes and I have less than 1 day for this.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Cezar C

Re: [sonar-dev] Fwd: [VOTE] Sonar Toxicity Chart Plugin 0.1

Fabrice Bellingard-4
I can give you my +1 for this first release, as I've already had a look at it :)

Best regards,

Fabrice BELLINGARD | SonarSource
http://sonarsource.com

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Cezar Coca <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Sonar devs,
>
> Has anyone had the time to look at this plugin? I need 3 positive votes and
> I have less than 1 day for this.
>
> Thank you for your understanding.
>
> Best regards,
> Cezar C

Hi Cezar

I downloaded the plugin but I haven't enough time to test it properly by enabling the required rules. I hope I'll do it until Friday.
P.S. Don't worry about the limitation period. If you get three positive votes even after a week I suppose you can proceed with the release :)

2012/10/31 Cezar Coca <[hidden email]>
Hi Sonar devs,

Has anyone had the time to look at this plugin? I need 3 positive votes and I have less than 1 day for this.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Cezar C

Re: [sonar-dev] Fwd: [VOTE] Sonar Toxicity Chart Plugin 0.1

Jorge Costa
Hi Cezar,

Just to be sure, this is only applicable to java projects since there is no other way of using rules from other languages?

Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: [sonar-dev] Fwd: [VOTE] Sonar Toxicity Chart Plugin 0.1

Cezar Coca
Hi Jorge,

You have right. In this version only Java is supported. I intend to extend it for C# but the work is still in progress.

Best regards,
Cezar C

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 6:31 PM, jmecosta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Cezar,

Just to be sure, this is only applicable to java projects since there is no
other way of using rules from other languages?

-----
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: [sonar-dev] Fwd: [VOTE] Sonar Toxicity Chart Plugin 0.1

Patroklos Papapetrou
Hi Cezar

Here's my +1 for the first release. The plugin provides very valuable information in a nicely shown chart! Well Done.
I was wondering however if it could provide a quicker and easier way to enable all required checkstyle rules.
Logging the missing rules would be also useful :)

Kind Regards
Patroklos

2012/10/31 Cezar Coca <[hidden email]>
Hi Jorge,

You have right. In this version only Java is supported. I intend to extend it for C# but the work is still in progress.

Best regards,
Cezar C

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 6:31 PM, jmecosta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Cezar,

Just to be sure, this is only applicable to java projects since there is no
other way of using rules from other languages?

-----
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: [sonar-dev] Fwd: [VOTE] Sonar Toxicity Chart Plugin 0.1

Patroklos Papapetrou
You could also include a link to the classes found toxic from the plugin.
This would allow users to navigate directly to the class rather than searching it from the scratch :)

2012/11/1 Patroklos Papapetrou <[hidden email]>
[...]

Hi Patroklos,

Thank you for the confidence shown in my plugin and of course your vote. Only one vote remaining until official release :)

I will definitely take into consideration all your valuable feedback and I will implement these suggestions in the next version.

Best regards,
Cezar C

On 01/11/2012 12:17, Patroklos Papapetrou wrote:
[...]

Hi Evgeny,

Thank you for your input and your vote. I will definitely take into consideration your useful feedback.

Best regards,
Cezar C

On 01/11/2012 13:13, Evgeny Mandrikov wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Dear all,

The vote has passed with the following result:
+1 : Fabrice Bellingard, Patroklos Papapetrou and Evgeny Mandrikov

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I will continue with the release.

Best regards,
Cezar C