Quantcast

[sonar-dev] plugin internationalization

thomas sermier
Hi everybody,

I tried to internationalize my plugin with french but I met a problem...

I created two files : pluginKey.properties for the english default language and pluginKey_fr.properties for french.

When I put the french package of sonar in the plugin repository, it works well, all the messages are in french.
But if I delete the french package, the language of my plugin is always in french instead of english.

I tried to rename in pluginKey_en.properties but it not worked. It always take the french property file.

Is anybody knows this problem ?

Regards,

Thomas Sermier

Re: [sonar-dev] plugin internationalization

David Racodon-2
Hi Thomas,

You must be facing the following issue: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-2927
Give a try to the workaround detailed in the ticket if you want to test the English bundle.

On 22 June 2012 14:51, Thomas Sermier <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everybody,

I tried to internationalize my plugin with french but I met a problem...

I created two files : pluginKey.properties for the english default language and pluginKey_fr.properties for french.

When I put the french package of sonar in the plugin repository, it works well, all the messages are in french.
But if I delete the french package, the language of my plugin is always in french instead of english.

I tried to rename in pluginKey_en.properties but it not worked. It always take the french property file.

Is anybody knows this problem ?

Regards,

Thomas Sermier

Re: [sonar-dev] plugin internationalization

Hi Thomas
What do you mean by "put the french package in the plugin repository"?
Your plugin should be only one library with many .properties files.
Sonar also needs restart every time you add or remove a plugin.

You can take a look here about an internationalization example of an existing plugin

Master Sonar with Sonar in Action book by Manning Publications

Thomas Sermier

Re: [sonar-dev] plugin internationalization

thomas sermier
Hi,

@Patroklos
I wanted to say that I added the french plugin to Sonar, called "sonar-l10n-fr-plugin-1.4.jar" and downloaded on the sonar plugin library.
With the french plugin, my plugin is in french, but without, it is in french too instead of being in english like the rest of sonar.

@David
Yes it looks like to that issue !
By saying "try to the workaround detailed in the ticket", is that mean :
"edit wrapper.conf and add:
wrapper.java.additional.3=-Duser.language=en
wrapper.java.additional.4=-Duser.country=US"

I tried it but it doesn't change anything.
Now I'm facing to a new problem ... ^^. The french caracters with accents like "é" or "è" are replaced by "?". I continue my researches !

Thank you.

Thomas

2012/6/22 Papapetrou P.Patroklos <[hidden email]>
[...]

Fabrice Bellingard-4
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Thomas Sermier <[hidden email]> wrote:

I tried it but it doesn't change anything.
Now I'm facing to a new problem ... ^^. The french caracters with accents like "é" or "è" are replaced by "?". I continue my researches !

Have you written you properties file in UTF-8 and activated the native2ascii Maven plugin as requested in the wiki doc?

[...]

I think you have mixed up some facts.
In Sonar there are two different types of localization:
- Sonar Localization ( Called Plugin Packs )
- Sonar Plugins Localization ( .properties files within the plugins )

If you download Sonar French Plugin Localization , that doesn't mean that all other plugins will show in French.
Each individual plugin need to support localization.

I think that in your case
- you downloaded and installed Sonar French Pack (  sonar-l10n-fr-plugin-1.4.jar  ) . Sonar now shows in French
- You have created a plugin with French localization, so your plugin shows in French again.

Removing the French Pack doesn't mean that your plugin will shift to English because it has its own localization propery file.

[...]

Hi Fabrice,

thank you, I fixed the problem by re-encoding the file in UTF-8.

Regards,
Thomas