Quantcast

[sonar-dev] unit test result parsing

Tamás Kende
Hi all,

I am facing with a strange issue and I cannot find which class I need to debug. After parsing the erlang unit test results I can generate an xml like this:
<tests-details>
<testcase status="PASSED" time="0.001" name="cr_eunit:init_test_/0_26"/>
<testcase status="ERROR" time="0.0" name="cr_eunit:get_and_update_test_/0_48">
<error message="::undef"><![CDATA[]]></error>
</testcase>
</tests-details>
But on the GUI none of the status of my tests (regardless is it passed or failed or ended in error) is displayed and also the message is not there... Any idea what is wrong with this format? Is there any xsd dtd about it? Is it lowercase uppercase sensitive?
I save it with: context.saveMeasure(unitTestFileResource, new Measure(CoreMetrics.TEST_DATA, report.getTestSuite().toXml()));

As I can recall I used the concept what PHP plugin uses.

Thanks for helping,

Cheers

Tamas

Re: [sonar-dev] unit test result parsing

Simon Brandhof
Hi Tamas,

This format comes from JUnit. I'm not aware of a DTD or XSD schema.
I attached a report sample with test failures to this email. It shows that your status values are different. Correct values are ok, error, failure and skipped. It will probably fix the issue.

Regards
Simon

Tamas

Re: [sonar-dev] unit test result parsing

Tamás Kende
Hi Simon,

thanks, that was the problem...

Regards,

Tamas

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Simon Brandhof <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dear Simon,

Yesterday, during adding some tests to the sonar erlang plugin, I tried to find the schema of Junit XML. I have found these stuffs:

and non of these mentioned the status attribute... I could not find it in my junit reports either... where is this status come from?

anyway I have added this to my junit xsd.

And one more thing. The schema and most of the junit xml reports contains the output in the <failure> or <error> tags but if I add it there it is ignored by Sonar GUI only the content of the message attribute is parsed... Or I do something wrong?

[...]

well... :) the status not mentioned in this code as well, but it is important, because it defines the icon on the Sonar GUI.
It is also strange, that only the content of the attribute message is displayed and the content of the error/failure tag, what is the "stacktrace", is ignored... is it intentionally?

Thank you for your answer,

Cheers,

Tamas

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Evgeny Mandrikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Evgeny Mandrikov
Well, seems that there is misunderstanding :

We (I and Simon) talked about format which understood by sonar-surefire-plugin, or more precisely which can be parsed by https://github.com/SonarSource/sonar/blob/master/plugins/sonar-surefire-plugin/src/main/java/org/sonar/plugins/surefire/data/SurefireStaxHandler.java

Do you confirm my feelings? ;)

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM, Tamás Kende <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

:) yes

ok its getting more clear now... Now I know what I needed is the schema what SurefireStaxHandler can understand (which is produced by UnitTestClassReport.toXml in my understanding)...
as I see now, my toXml implementation is the same as surefire plugin's, so it is fine... the xsd what I have created can confirm it...

Thank you for your help,

Cheers

Tamas

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Evgeny Mandrikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

See my comments below :

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 8:27 PM, Tamás Kende <[hidden email]> wrote:
:) yes

ok its getting more clear now... Now I know what I needed is the schema what SurefireStaxHandler can understand (which is produced by UnitTestClassReport.toXml in my understanding)...

Format which understood by SurefireStaxHandler isn't the same as produced by UnitTestClassReport.toXml
To be more precise : SurefireStaxHandler is able to read format of JUnit XML reports and produce another format, which is described by UnitTestClassReport and which is saved in Sonar DB.