Quantcast

[sonar-dev] update_key.fieds_cant_be_blank_for_bulk_update

[sonar-dev] update_key.fieds_cant_be_blank_for_bulk_update

Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA
Currently I'm working on updating Japanese Language Pack for the new
Sonar 3.2 and found a trivial typo in core.properties.

update_key.fieds_cant_be_blank_for_bulk_update

Yes, 'fieds' should be 'fields'.

I tried to find the key in all the sonar source files, but couldn't find one.
So I guess this key is used in a plugin.

I'd like to see the message showing on a sonar web page to translate it.

Could someone tell me where the key is used?

Re: [sonar-dev] update_key.fieds_cant_be_blank_for_bulk_update

Simon Brandhof
Hi Yoshiyuki,

It has been introduced in version 3.2, in the new page to change project keys (Project -> Configuration -> Update Key). The message is displayed when end-user does not type values in the form used to update keys of projects with multi-modules :
https://skitch.com/sonarsource/ekhm2/sonar-sonar-update-center

I don't think we have to fix this typo, but thanks anyway for the notification.

Re: [sonar-dev] update_key.fieds_cant_be_blank_for_bulk_update

Simon Brandhof
What I mean is that fixing this typo will require to update language packs and to keep the typo for backward-compatibility. It is not worth it.

On 6 August 2012 12:20, Evgeny Mandrikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Simon, can we at least create Jira ticket for this typo ?

Re: [sonar-dev] update_key.fieds_cant_be_blank_for_bulk_update

Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA
Simon,

Thank you for the information.
A project must be with multi-modules.

I was checking projects with a single module and couldn't see any new messges.

Now I can proceed my translations.

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 10:12:27 +0200
Simon Brandhof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Yoshiyuki,
>
> It has been introduced in version 3.2, in the new page to change project
> keys (Project -> Configuration -> Update Key). The message is displayed
> when end-user does not type values in the form used to update keys of
> projects with multi-modules :
> https://skitch.com/sonarsource/ekhm2/sonar-sonar-update-center
>
> I don't think we have to fix this typo, but thanks anyway for the
> notification.
>
> Regards

Re: [sonar-dev] update_key.fieds_cant_be_blank_for_bulk_update

Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA
Evgeny,

It is a good habit to create a ticket to keep information why you did NOT do something, but in this case, it must be too trivial. :-)

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 16:20:40 +0600