Quantcast

unsupported checkstyle checks?

dwalling

We’re trying to set up Sonar 3.1. When importing an existing checkstyle ruleset into sonar, we’re getting 4 rules failing to import:

Checkstyle rule with config key 'Checker/TreeWalker/ClassTypeParameterName' not found
Checkstyle rule with config key 'Checker/TreeWalker/MethodTypeParameterName' not found
Checkstyle rule with config key 'Checker/TreeWalker/JUnitTestCase' not found
Checkstyle rule with config key 'Checker/Translation' not found

Are these rules not supported by Sonar?

Thanks,

Don

Re: unsupported checkstyle checks?

Freddy Mallet
Hi Don,

See my comments below :

We’re trying to set up Sonar 3.1. When importing an existing checkstyle ruleset into sonar, we’re getting 4 rules failing to import:

Checkstyle rule with config key 'Checker/TreeWalker/ClassTypeParameterName' not found
Checkstyle rule with config key 'Checker/TreeWalker/MethodTypeParameterName' not found

Checkstyle rule with config key 'Checker/TreeWalker/JUnitTestCase' not found

Indeed you're right those three rules ClassTypeParameterName, MethodTypeParameterName and JUnitTestCase are not supported by Sonar. I've created ticket http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-3600 and http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-3601.

Checkstyle rule with config key 'Checker/Translation' not found

This rule is not supported on purpose : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-1698.