Quantcast

wishlist item

Ann Campbell
Freddy,

This may be outside the scope of what Sonar is after, but I just created my first public global dashboard (had to get some administrative stuff out of the way before I could upgrade) and I find myself wishing I could stick some explanatory text on it.

So... I'd love to have a "text" widget. It would take a reasonable number of chars (... 400?) certainly not a blob and always present the same value, rather than varying by context.

Does Jira await my input, or is this a case for Widget Lab?

Thx,
Ann

Re: wishlist item

Evgeny Mandrikov
Hi Ann,

IMO it can be a good idea for Branding Plugin or Widget Lab, but definitely not for Sonar Core.

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Ann Campbell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Freddy,

This may be outside the scope of what Sonar is after, but I just created my first public global dashboard (had to get some administrative stuff out of the way before I could upgrade) and I find myself wishing I could stick some explanatory text on it.

So... I'd love to have a "text" widget. It would take a reasonable number of chars (... 400?) certainly not a blob and always present the same value, rather than varying by context.

Does Jira await my input, or is this a case for Widget Lab?

Thx,
Ann

Re: wishlist item

Freddy Mallet
Hi Ann,
I agree with Evgeny that using the Widget Lab would be a good and quick starting point but in the long term this widget might join the Sonar Core. In any case, I guess you'll need this ticket http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-3620 to be fixed first in order to implement this feature.